Monday, March 21, 2011

Effective Grants Research: A Success Story

As the Grants Librarian at UW-Madison's Foundation Center Cooperating Collection, I am often asked, "Do know how many of the people/nonprofits that attend your workshops or use your research collection end up getting grants?"  Answer to which is, unfortunately, "Nope."  Most grantseekers easily (and not unsurprisingly) quickly forget their friendly librarian when faced with the excitement and inevitable work that follows getting a grant or award!  Usually, if I do hear of any outcomes, I find out of such success stories incidentally or informally at a much later time.  And that's OK!  I'm always glad to hear these stories when - and however - they arrive.

Here's one example I'd like to share with you.  Wouldn't you like to be able to say something similar??  Then I hope to see at an up-coming workshop or appointment soon...

"I attended your "Introduction to Foundation Grants" and "Foundation Directory Online" trainings several years ago and began using the Grants Information Collection regularly since then.
-Due to these trainings, and having this resource, I have found hundreds of potential funding opportunities for Community GroundWorks.  I have applied for grants to several of these newly-found foundations, and at least one of them, The Blooming Prairie Foundation, has begun funding us generously! Which we wouldn't have found without your help!  

Many, many thanks.

Christie Ralston
Community GroundWorks"

Thank you, Christine, for sharing!

1 comment:

GrantWatch.com said...

Have you viewed the thousands of pages of new grants at www.grantwatch.com